Saturday, February 20, 2010

Teashop - Flushing Hot spot

As much as I love fashion, I love food. I want to be skinny, but my love for food is too great. Eating healthy is great, but sometimes you just miss those sugar and carbs. For anyone exploring the city, Manhattan is great! But what about traveling outside the island and into the other boroughs; Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Staten Island? I'm working on exploring each borough, but let us start with Queens. (I live in Queens, so it's natural for me to want to start here)

Flushing is equivalent to the Chinatown in downtown Manhattan. The difference is that Flushing has more of a China-Mandarin feel to it. Everything is more dilute and more Mandarin. If you walk a couple blocks there is the Korean neighborhood, the Jewish Main-street and the Indian community. Chinatown is more Cantonese and have more of a Hong Kong feel, they accept Westerns. Most of food in Flushing is mostly Chinese and Korean (do not ask for Brown rice in this neighborhood, only white rice here). But where are the Japanese food?

I found a small underground restaurant. It used to be the Red Cafe across from Tai Pan Bakery.
Its call: Tea Shop Japanese Cuisine Inc.
Address: 3718 Main Street, Flushing, NY 11354-4107
Phone #: (718) 886-9880


This place just recently opened, but I never found time to walk in. Till the Jan 23rd. I was meeting my friend Minju for a duo birthday luncheon.


Sushi bar, wooden decor.


MINJU <3

Tuna roll, Sushi, sashimi


Chicken Katsu, California Roll, Shumai and Rice






Bubble teas


We convinced them to give us one. Supposedly you need to spend $100 to get this.


Stick your wishes on it.
Full Images can be found here

Overall the food was delicious!! The lunch combo ranged between $8-$10, for that much food? I think that's awesome, since I'm a college student trying to somewhat budget.

Arigoto Gosaimasu

3 comments:

  1. I miss Manhattan food

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this place out, maybe when I'm home during the summer. Thanks for the pictures and review.

    ReplyDelete